JulieDoe

Julie Doe

Florida V. Zimmerman: Uncovering the Malicious Prosecution of my Son, George - Robert Zimmerman This book is a quick read. The author is clearly not a professional writer, but he writes plainly and from his heart about his son's malicious prosecution by the State of Florida. I particularly liked the earlier part of the book where he talked about his family, how he met his wife, and the kids growing up. I really felt bad for them being forced to move out of their house--particularly with his wife's elderly mother who had Alzheimer's--because of misplaced hatred and threats. It's sad that something like that can happen in America today and the authorities didn't do more to stop it and support this family.

This book is self-published. There are a few typos, and I wish that he had written more/explained more in some areas. I think perhaps because he is so close to this matter, it is hard for him to step back and see what else might be included in his narrative for those unfamiliar with what is happening to understand it better.

Still, though, I would recommend to anyone who wants to know more about this case that has been in the national news, particularly in light of George being found not guilty of all charges.